Thursday, July 30, 2020

How a Pattern is Created?

You probably don't know many people make their own dress patterns.  It's actually takes some time to learn.  However, I simplify the process and make it easy for you.

When I come up with a design, I draw it on the paper.  It's easier to visualize it this way.  Then, I started to lay out the pattern in a small scale and modify it to make sure it fits right.



After this process, I can enlarge it to the real size on the pattern paper.  At this step, I can kind of fit it on my dress form to make final modifications.  



Then finally, I use the pattern to sew an actual final product. 

 

You don't have to do what I do.  I'll make it really easy to copy my patterns.  I promise it's a lot less trouble then using a commercial pattern.  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How a Pattern is Created?

You probably don't know many people make their own dress patterns.  It's actually takes some time to learn.  However, I simplify the...